Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Te amo Pedro!

It was love at first sight, the moment I saw Pedro Almodóvar's Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown - I was hooked on his filmsI went to my dvd store and rented as many of his films that I could and watched them back to back. Over and over, it was a Pedro-thon. I love all of Pedro’s films with his eccentric and colourful characters, funny and melodramatic stories about people but especially the beautiful music, wardrobe and décor that’s sometimes a bit kitsch but so much fun :) !!


 Pedro Almodóvar's Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

I even have a set of Pedro Almodóvar inspired Illy espresso cups that my sweetheart got me, it’s so precious to me! The designs on the set, are inspired by his most famous films.

My Illy Pedro set of espresso cups

Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios (the Spanish title of the film) was the first ever film of his that I watched. In the film the lead character, Pepa, throws a handful of sleeping pills into a freshly prepared gazpacho for her ex-lover but instead many of the characters in the film unknowingly drink it and fall into a deep sleep while Pepa is caught in a world of cra cra chaos…I always wanted to make gazpacho and today I made my first jug of gazpacho! But boy it's some strong stuff right there, not just a hoot and a half but it's got a kick without a drop of alcohol in it...just sayin'.

What inspired me to make gazpacho
My most favourite film of Pedro has to be Todo Sobre mi madre. It inspired me, thinking about for days afterwards and images flashing through your mind. The music haunted me and I wanted to Huma Rojo...her strong character inspired me not to mention her red hair. The story had so much emotion, it was sad, devastating, angered, unfair, there was love and friendship between the women in the story and it was just wonderfully shot...



Todo Sobre mi madre

So here is my gazpacho inspired by Pedro and all his fabulousness:


I hope you have a favourite Pedro film...if not go watch one of these at once! Then watch some more until you have a favourite... seriously do it. Now! And you will also want to make yourself some gazpacho.

Bouf
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment